Are You Looking For A Structural Engineer in Kent?
We at Stap Structural Engineering are a leading structural engineer in Kent and have a broad spectrum of professional structural engineering services available. We work alongside a network of contractors, architects, and chartered surveyors to ensure the structural integrity of buildings. This includes single domestic and commercial premises conversions and complete structural steel developments. So, if you’re looking for a reliable structural engineer in Kent and Essex, please don’t hesitate to contact us for a FREE quote.
What is structural engineering?
If you’ve been wondering ‘what is structural engineering?’ you’ve come to the right place. As a top structural engineer in Kent, we are perfectly placed to answer your questions. Structural engineering is a branch of civil engineering which is focused on making infrastructures and structures such as bridges, hospitals, schools, homes and more, strong, and safe. Simply put, structural engineering makes sure that buildings won’t fall down or collapse.
What does a structural engineer in Kent do?
As a professional structural engineer in Kent and Essex, we work alongside civil engineers and architects to construct the framework of structures. We ensure they can withstand the pressures of their environment, can support the loads on them (such as people and equipment) and are stable in all weather conditions.We do this by using our extensive knowledge to:
Call Us Today: 01634 320 288
- Research& Analyse – Research and analysis are key parts of our role as a structural engineer in Kent and Essex. By using our knowledge of physics and mathematics, we can predict the performance of certain materials (such as concrete and steel) and structural elements (such as walls and foundations) to ensure maximum safety, stability, and resilience by:
- Analysing blueprints and maps.
- Analysing topographical (forms and features of land surface) data.
- Analysing environmental data.
This stage also allows us to provide estimates for the cost and quantities of materials, equipment, and labour. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch withusfor a FREE quote.
- Plan & Design – Once we have conducted research and analysis, we can begin devising plans for design and construction, whether it’s for a tall building or a bridge. We use high-performance computer-aided-design (CAD) systems to create accurate, 3D designs of structures and infrastructures before construction begins. This means that we can be sure that the finalised structure will withstand environmental stressors, will be sustainable, and economical and, most importantly, will be safe and functional.
- Project Management – As a professional structural engineer in Kent and Essex, we will be on hand throughout to provide Building Regulations and Planning Permission packages. These include plans and structural calculations, as well as advice and support to our clients at every stage of development. We will provide structural, detailed 3D drawings and calculations which will be used by your building contractor and/or architect during the construction process.
When do I need a structural engineer in Kent?
If you’re building or are making changes to a property that could impact its stability, you’ll probably need a structural engineer. Here’s where a structural engineer could be needed.
When you're making changesto your home that could affect the stability of the building you will need a structural engineer to assessthe structure. As a highly rated structural engineer in Kent and Essex, we will provide 3D drawings and calculations to be used by your contractorsthroughout construction to ensure that your building is structurally safe. Home renovations that usually require a structural engineer are:
- Home extensions.
- Altering doors and windows.
- Loft and garage conversions.
- Modifying internal walls.
- Fitting solar panels.
- Removing a chimney breast.
- Underpinning floors.
If you’re unsure whether your home renovations require a structural engineer in Kent or Essex, please don’t hesitate to contact ustoday.
If you’re completingconstruction work on a multi-storey building or other large-scale infrastructure, you will need a structural engineer in Kentto ensure complete safety. Structural engineers ensure the structural integrity of structures and perform analysis for environmental stresses which is essential for buildings and infrastructures in the public sector.
As well as advising on home improvements, a structural engineer in Kent and Essex can visit your property if you’ve noticed that there may be problems with its structure. Thesecan include subsidence, cracking walls, sagging ceilings or unsafe rooflines. You may have been advised by a chartered surveyor that a property has some structural issues. In this case, we can provide you with a structural engineer report in Surrey to assess the damage and provide details of remedial action.
How much does a structural engineer in Kent cost?
As with any service, many factors will influence the cost of your structural engineering project. Here is a handy guide for the average cost of structural engineering in the UK.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for a FREE, no-obligation quote!
Choose the best structural engineer in Kent
Years of Experience
With years of experience, we are a leading structural engineer in Kent and Essex.
We offer FREE no-obligation quotes and our services are all competitively priced.
We are fully insured, certified and code-compliant within the industry.